A woman passed out mid oral sex sesh, after her imminent orgasm caused a small stroke.
The unnamed 44-year-old was enjoying the fruits of her lover’s labour when she lost consciousness for two to three minutes.The woman was rushed to hospital after she passed out while her partner gave her oral sex.
He rushed her to A&E fearing she had suffered a fit.
When they arrived, the man told medics his partner’s body had gone stiff during the episode.
She felt sick when she arrived at hospital, and was suffering a nasty headache which she scored as a six out of ten on the pain scale.
CT scan showed burst aneurysm
Doctors led by Yunus Gokdogan at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital wrote in a BMJ case report: ” On closer history taking, the patient reported nearing orgasm while receiving oral sex from her partner before losing consciousness.
Her partner estimated she was unconscious for two to three minutes, with no convulsive activity reported.
She had otherwise been well preceding the event.
Given the woman’s symptoms – including the headache – Mr Gokdogan’s team sent her for a CT scan.
It revealed a “trace of acute subarachnoid blood” – that is a type of stroke, that causes bleeding in the space around the brain.
The patient’s bleed was caused by a small aneurysm, a bulge on a blood vessel like a balloon or bubble that bursts.
Passionate romps cause sudden surge in blood pressure
Mr Gokdogan’s team warned that rigorous activity – including passionate romps – can cause aneurysms to burst.
They wrote: “Known risk factors for rupture include activities that involve sudden increases in blood pressure and sexual activity is well described as a precipitant.
During sexual activity, blood pressure as well as heart rate, is very labile, with particular rises during orgasm.
But they said past studies have only seen this effect during full-blown sex, rather than during oral sex.
After treatment, she was kept in hospital for two weeks for observation.
Fourth months after her ordeal, the woman was reported to be well and still having check ups at the hospital.
Yesterday, another case report revealed a woman ended up suffering deadly anaphylactic shock after giving her lover oral sex after he’d taken penicillin.